View inside the book
George Michell trained as an architect and as an archaeologist. Between 1980 and 2001 he co-directed an international team of researchers at the Vijayanagara site.
Anila Verghese, Principal of Sophia College, Mumbai, is a historian specialising in the history of Vijayanagara.
Sophie Gordon is Curator, The Royal Photograph Collection, Windsor.
Mike Ware, Honorary Fellow in Chemistry, University of Manchester, studies the history, science, art and conservation of early photography.
• LANDSCAPES IN VIJAYANAGARA
• PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
• CHAPTER 1: Vijayanagara in History and Memory
• CHAPTER 2: Vijayanagara Revealed
• PART TWO THE SITE AND ITS MONUMENTS
• CHAPTER 3: Sacred Centre
• CHAPTER 4: Royal Centre
• CHAPTER 5: Urban Core
• CHAPTER 6: Suburban Centres
• PART THREE: THE SITE AND ITS PHOTOGRAPHERS
• CHAPTER 7: Greenlaw and His Successors
• CHAPTER 8: Greenlaw’s Calotype Process
• PART FOUR: DOCUMENTATION
• Catalogue of Photographs
• Supplementary Photographs
• Catalogue of Photographs, Drawings and Watercolours from Other Collections
• Glossary of Indian Names and Terms
• Select Bibliography
• Index of Photographers
• Index of Monuments
|Number of photographs||164|
|Size||9.45 x 10.8" (240 x 274 mm), hc|
|Co-publisher(s)||Mapin with association The Alkazi Collection of Photography New Delhi • London • New York United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|Rights Available||World rights|